• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dok's Crawler

Im debating on shortening my wheelbase, but I do a lot of steep climbing. For flat rock climbing, shorter wheelbase would help with the belly drag for sure. I'm more interested in nasty vertical climbs. Shortening the wheelbase would limit how far I can reach going straight up. There are several runs I do where a long wheelbase is the only reason I could make it. What do you guys think?

I ordered RC4WD 2.2 Baja Claws. I originally wanted Interco's for nostalgic reasons... but I always wanted 54" Baja Claws on my 1:1 rig.

I vote for shortening it with the Wraith length TAs and add more weight down low up front. That should help in the steep climb dept the most while reducing the belly drag somewhat.

Re: Dok's "AK49" Crawler

RC4WD Baja Claws are on. I mounted them on cheap Axial beadlocks. I got tired of trying to figure out what rims would work with that tires, hex size, hub adapters...

Works really well. Happy with it. Next step, front and rear suspension.
21bb2d1dd0b792c7d75903a455610366.jpg

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

I ordered Blue Monkey RC front and rear links with Bomber length trailing arms. I decided to keep the wheel base stock. I'm curious to see how the unique bends of the Blue Monkey links improve ground clearance.

Back