• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Disappointed in RC4WD Boggers

02hawk

Rock Stacker
I put these on my truck to today and before I was running PL Super Swampers and these dont crawl as well as they do, The foams are much stiffer.

Could I put Proline foams in them? Also was I supposed to trim the foams before I mounted them?

A little research here on RCC will net you all the answers you will need. "thumbsup"

Every truck is slightly different so results do vary.

BTW, real Boggers don't crawl that great either.

yes you can put the pro-line foams in them, but they will be too short and not come close filling the tire out. but as with any RC4WD tire they take a bit of wear to accualy be pretty good on the rocks. the rok loks i have took a while to break in and now they are awesome! and I know my boggers have gotten a little better than when new and i havent ran them too much. but you can also get the Nova foams for them.

It seems like all of the RC4WD foams are a little stiff and compared to the Pro Line G8 the rubber is too. The Pro Line TSL's could very well be the best tires out there except for the height maybe, so they're hard to beat!

They work very well on an 11lb rig. That being said, if your rig is lighter, you could either sipe your lugs, and/ or your foams to get thge desired performance. Also, roughing them up on some good rock burnouts makes them alot better as well. Have you removed the small lugs yet???

Mine are working great for me. I think I'm about 8 lbs. ,I have the stock foam in the back and Nova's 2 stage in front. They do need a little break in too.

IMG_3784.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty much been summed up in 2 things...foams and break in. They work really well with the right foams and some time to break in. Give it time and keep messin with the foams and itll come together "thumbsup"
Matt

Yep after one trail run they got much better, the Mickey T's that is, a snip here and there with some foam tweaks they will be fine. Not the best out their but defiantly not the worst either besides they look really cool.

As others have said the foams are a huge part of it. I think RC4WD uses the foams they do as they mainly cater to the scale crowd. With that basing their choice on that the rigs may typicaly fall into a certain weight range. Many scalers weigh out close to or even over 10 pounds. At that weight the Proline foams are too soft and the RC4WD ones work pretty good. The Proline foams work very well with a stock or close to SCX10 rig of around 5-6 pounds. The RC4WD ones will barely allow the tire to conform at that weight.

In 1:1 wheeling, playing with air down tire weight was a huge performance enhancement. Bad is that you cant do that with the RC's. you have to tune the foams to duplicate the effect. I think that once you get the right foams in your Boggers that you will like them. If you are running un vented wheels/tires then you may want to try that as well. I didnt vent either my 1.9 or 2.2 Boggers as they will often see water/mud. I would prefer to give up a little performance to keep from having that water get in the foams.

I thought the same thing as your opinion on the "RockLox" I was running a while back. I had been running them with stock foams and un vented wheels. just venting the wheels made a night and day difference. Adding some weight to the rig helped as well which in effect made it like having softer foams (more weight to squish the tires).

But the last thing as was mentioned by Chino, 1:1 Boggers were very finicky on where they worked. In most all circumstances, there were a better tire to run then the Boggers. About the only place they really excelled was in mud. For an all around trail tire there will be many better choices. But they are cool as any tire out there imho. If I was going to run an all around tire (I have many sets for whatever suits me at the time as money is not a concern, I don't have to save up for tires, etc) I would run either Proline Tsl's on a light rig or RC4WD Iroks on a heavier one.

you could also make your own fowm two staged with the proline on the inside and rc4wd outside, havent tried it yet on these but I have on other tires and it worked.

Thanks guys, I guess I'll just let them break in

Like you said I like playing in mud and water so non-vented wheels are better

I was playing in some puddles and stuff today, like bumper deep, and they plow right through, better than TSLs

Back