• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

DirtMerchant’s TRX-4M Bronco

DirtMerchant

Pebble Pounder
I’ve been enjoying this tiny truck for a bit without doing much of anything to it. My LHS sells lots and lots of Traxxas, so it’s been relatively easy to get almost anything for it, luckily. I didn’t have horrible binding when turning, but it would visibly slow down, even with no load. Tonight I added a few things: The satin Method wheels, Baja Pro tires, brass wheel weights, crawl gears (I actually added these last weekend), the metal diff gears, and Fast Eddy bearings. All together these things make quite a difference. The gears alone are great, but the bearings make an already smooth rig feel much smoother. You could probably accomplish similar results with some good grease, but the price of bearings from FastEddy is hard to beat.

Regretfully, I don’t have the sweet scale garages some folks do. Here’s some pictures of the only visible changes.

Attachments

• TRX-4m_01 Large.jpg
    TRX-4m_01 Large.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 459
  • TRX-4m_02 Large.jpg
    TRX-4m_02 Large.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 460
Lookin' good Dirt!"thumbsup"

I like the look of these Method wheels better than the stock all black wheels. The tires look great too! I'm going to pick up a set of them the next time I'm at my LHS.

I do like the white body. I just picked up an extra white body. Not sure if I leave it white or paint it.

Great to hear that the bearings and other mods made a difference!

I like those wheels they look good. My Fast Eddy bearing came yesterday but I haven't installed them yet.

going to get the Defender version when they are released for sale in the UK

nice colour on the bronco, looks like a great truck

Thanks very much to all of you! Outside of some SCX24s for our kids I haven’t gotten much into the smaller scale stuff, but I’ve enjoyed this mini TRX-4.

Looking good, the white is great color option and those tires should hook up better than the stock. How's it doing today?

Back