• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

direct fit 1/24 metal driveshaft upgrades for CR-24, ECX Barrage/FTX Outback, ect..

spoo76

I wanna be Dave
BangGood 1/24 metal drive shafts upgrades finally showed up from Banggood after more than a month. I wouldn't recommend ordering from Banggood, they seem to not ship orders until you message multiple times the last few times I've ordered from them. Oddly there was no branding on the packaging like the other HobbyPlus parts.

However they look MUCH nicer than the china WPL shafts. Have a circular hole instead of D shaped and some nice looking long set screws that thread nicely into the threaded hole on the one side (other side isn't threaded)
Now we won't need to cut down shafts, or deal with pre stripped screws. They also slide butter smooth compared to the WPL shafts that are sticky until you break them in well.

These will be a direct fit for most micro crawlers specifically
Hobby Plus CR-24/ FTX Outback 2.0
ECX Barrage/RGT Adventurer V1/FTX Outback 1.0
The upcoming RGT Adventurer V2
And even though these have a slightly shorter wheelbase they should also work for the
Redcat Sumo crawler/HBX Devastator/FTX Ibex
Losi micro crawler/Trail Trekker
Proline Ambush and even the ECX Temper. They would of course fit onto the RC4WD Mini Gelande V2 transmission for those doing a transmission swap, but don't want to use punisher shafts for some reason.

The last picture shows 2 sets of CR-24 shafts in the middle compared to WPL on the end.

BTW the part number is for one drive shaft, not a set so you'll need 2 which makes the total $20 which is about the price of punisher shafts.
The WPL aren't as nice, needs new screws and to be cut down, but they are only $9 a pair.
9d48a7c3cafc2b1829c0c457326b64b4.jpg
a42444bf221dcebcd52bfad78b7f4788.jpg
1a3154206ae266356b909690fe5e3aa7.jpg

Edit: I just got confirmation the reason why the bang good drive shafts are not branded HobbyPlus is because they are not official HobbyPlus.
AsiaTees should hopefully have the driveshafts available in a week or two. I'll update when I get an order in

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: HobbyPlus CR-24 metal driveshaft upgrades.

Scx24 drive shafts are diffrent?

How many mm are the shaft out of the tranny and axle?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Re: HobbyPlus CR-24 metal driveshaft upgrades.

SCX24 outputs will fit in these axles, however the front drive shaft is much shorter than this and the rear drive shaft is much longer. Luckily with worm gear axles gear reduction being in the axles not the transmission, the drive shaft sees less torque and don't seem to be snapping on even 3 huge motor puller builds.

Re: BangGood 1/24 metal driveshaft upgrades.

Looks like these are not officially hobby plus drive shafts Asia t should have theirs soon and I'll update when I get some

Re: BangGood 1/24 metal driveshaft upgrades.

Very nice. I lucked out on these. I ordered the big, clunky WPL ones on eBay and these were shipped to me.

Back