• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dinted Tread on HB Rovers

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I reverted to the stock foams and wrapped them with a 0.25 inch thick layer of open celled foam. The result was near perfection. I wish I could try channeling the Double Deuces, but I already sold them. :(

Wish I would have seen this sooner.. and can't believe it wasn't said.. you needed vent holes in the closed cell inner foams. Even with wheels with cross braces, the closed cell foams Don't breath.. so ur tires were sealed full of air and were prolly really crappy for traction and bouncy at that..

Thanks for the foams... ;) great seller ,this guy!

Wish I would have seen this sooner.. and can't believe it wasn't said.. you needed vent holes in the closed cell inner foams. Even with wheels with cross braces, the closed cell foams Don't breath.. so ur tires were sealed full of air and were prolly really crappy for traction and bouncy at that..

Thanks for the foams... ;) great seller ,this guy!

I don't think that was the problem. The tires were definitely breathing. I'm gonna go down a size, but will vent the next set for good measure.

I don't think that was the problem. The tires were definitely breathing. I'm gonna go down a size, but will vent the next set for good measure.

If you didn't vent the tire with closed cell foam, then it was definitely the problem. You must vent the tire (or get very creative with venting the foam) with closed cell inners. They will not let any air out threw the rim.

Agreed, it is much easier and simpler to simply put a couple/few depending on size vent holes in the tire since the closed cell foams do a surprisingly good job at sealing themselves to the wheels.

It is certainly a process getting some of the new/stiffer dual stage foams into these 2.2 tires. I think my first one took me almost an hour, and then the other three took another hour. Wheels narrower than about 1.5" make it even more difficult.

Ironically, I've found that the stock 2.2 Rover foams work quite well crammed into 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast on my 5.5 pound SCX.

Glad you were able to make the stock foams work for you. Creativity > Spending Money

Back