• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dingo Defender 90

On that little spacer, ax80009 - I have an ax10, and it uses the spacer. The instructions for the dingo I just built had that too, but the outdrives didn't have a spot for it. I happened to have the old parts for my ax10 handy and it has the correct groove. I assume it was just a parts update, but they didn't bother to update the manual.

Does anyone have any link of the BEEF TUBES please?

What are the benefits of 4 link front suspension?

One benefit I'm seeing with my Dingo is if I go with 4-link in the front, my drive shaft shouldn't ever come in contact with the top links like it does with the stock Y-link during articulation to one side. With the stock 4-link setup, one negative thing is that you loose the 3rd mounting post for the servo plate if you have the regular axle-mounted servo since it screws into the 3-link support, and the Axial 4-link truss does not have this post. I plan to try it out when I get a spare 3x30mm screw to see if the servo stays rigid with just the front two mounting screws.

Travel with either setup is limited by the shocks, unless you have a geometrical(clearance) issue like I have. Other than that you may notice some slight differences in the way the truck handles. Logic tells me that "splitting" the linked connection(4-link) to the axle from a single point in the center(3-link) should be more stable and provide more precise travel, but I don't have any hard evidence.

Also, something to check while you're at it...If you have the stock Y-link in the front, be sure that the lock nuts/bolts that secure it to the chassis are not too tight. With your shocks disconnected the axle should move up and down with no resistance. If you feel it "sticking" back the lock nuts off 1/8 of a turn at a time until it swings freely.

Last edited:
I have the front of my Porsche TT 4-Linked, mounted only with the front two mounting screws in. It has never given me any problems, It's solid with a hitec WP on it at 6.0v. It just feels "more free" with it 4-Linked. It does travel a bit left to right, so every once in a while (really rarely) the servo will bump the frame rail, but thats when it's already at max articulation, or with both shocks under full compresion which in reality would never happen.

Back