• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Descriptions Mamba Monster X: motors?

VikingCrawler

What are the first numbers in the Mamba Monster X: motors?
1515-2200KV, 1512-2650KV, 1415-2400Kv, or 1406 - 4600Kv
I know the KV but I am not shure about the first number in the descriptions!

Last edited:
It is usually the O.D. (outside diameter) in millimeters (mm) and the length.

So if you take a Hobbywing 3660 4000kv motor its 36mm diameter and 60mm long. Or close to 1.4" around and 2.4" long if you can't visualize metric.

then people say 540 or 550 size that is also referring to the length and then castle says 1512 etc. I need to find a chart that has all of them on it to compare hang on.

No luck finding a working chart but in the Castle motors I believe that the first two numbers are the diameter of the Stator and second two numbers are the number of winds. Quote me on this but I *may* be wrong or completely right lol. If your buying a brushless motor just go off the size and kv don't worry about the windings since the kv will represent better. the kv represents at 1volt how fast the motor will spin. Don't forget to get one with the right sized shaft 4mm, 5mm etc. so your pinion gear fits.

Last edited:
Back