• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

delrin rod???

I never used taps.

I like to tap the first 1/4" or so. It helps to keep things straight. The generic taps available from most hardware stores are ok, but there's nothing like a high quality tap. I really like the nitride-treated vanadium steel spiral points.

I like to tap the first 1/4" or so. It helps to keep things straight. The generic taps available from most hardware stores are ok, but there's nothing like a high quality tap. I really like the nitride-treated vanadium steel spiral points.

I was wondering if you needed to tap Delrin or not.
I am building lower links and some brackets out of delrin and was gonna test fit a screw to see if it would seat well without any tap work since I haven't bought any small metric taps yet.

X2 on this. 5-10 buck well spent. I have tapped literally 100+ holes in all kinds of material with my 3m tap from them and it is still like new.

Back