• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Decent for light trailing?

treys1

Quarry Creeper
I have been out of scalers and surface RC in general for a few years, but wanting to get back in easily. I found a used one of these that looks good and I was wondering if people were liking them.

Thanks!

Yes indeed, it's a nice truck.
BUT... it's sort of a light truck, not a heavy duty one.
Keep it lightweight and don't overpower it and it will be reliable and fun.
I have two of them now, used regularly for trails and rocks, and zero problems.
The guys that blowed the portals were building heavy rigs, and weight takes a toll.
"thumbsup"

I recently acquired a CFX. I've done some mods into it and love this little rig. It is (more than) capable of light crawling and medium trailing. But I've also seen some hardcore crawling with the CFX in Youtube.

I have been out of scalers and surface RC in general for a few years, but wanting to get back in easily. I found a used one of these that looks good and I was wondering if people were liking them.

Thanks!

Great rig, but the CFX-W needs the steel driveshaft as the stock one just ain't up to the task. We're not hard on our rigs, only run brushed can motors and stock gearing on 2C batteries and have blown thru TWO in about 4 hours running time.

vQ1u9bx.jpg

We got the driveshaft at AMAIN: https://www.amainhobbies.com/mst-cfxw-steel-drive-shaft-99119mm-mxs-210569/p635649

Here's our rig:

JCUvJSR.jpg

Back