• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Deadbolt spare parts build .

NWCT24CRAWL

Quarry Creeper
Subscribed Member
Well I had a bunch of spare scx24 parts laying around and with that in mind I headed to my local hobby shop this morning and picked up just what I always wanted . A Red Deadbolt . On sale for $99.99 . I also picked up Treal aluminum steering links.

The spare parts are as follows,
Mofo Deadbolt rear trailing arms .
Injora rear upper links .
Injora Aluminum JLU front link set .
JLU front drive shaft .
Power Hobby 43mm shocks for the rear .
Cheap Chinese 40mm shocks for the front .

I used bumper brackets from a Bronco to raise and extend the front bumper. Mounted Gladiator traction boards to the top of the bumper.

I mounted a spare tire from a AX24 to the roll cage for some scale looks .

I tried tires from the FMS Smasher just for giggles and it kinda looks good .

Here are the results .

Attachments

• IMG_2881.jpeg
    IMG_2881.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2883.jpeg
    IMG_2883.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2881.jpeg
    IMG_2881.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2882.jpeg
    IMG_2882.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
More spare parts went in today . A JLU ESC tray up front lowers what is now the battery tray . A spare plastic parts tray divider was cut up and installed between the rear frame rails to locate the ESC to the former battery position. I had a set of red lights with longer wires so they are now in the front bumper. A EMax servo should be here Wednesday.IMG_2886.jpeg

Back