• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cut to length driveshafts

Tucky

Are the cut to length drive shafts worth getting? I’m going to stretch the wheelbase of my Capra and I’m assuming that I will need new driveshafts. Looks like Dlux offers a cut to length but they are out of stock everywhere. Should I wait for those or will the Amazon cheapo’s work?

i run alot of the cheap chinese driveshafts they hold up ok for the most part it seems the pin that holds the joints together falls out after alot of run time ot really a big deal but seems to be the most comin failure of my shafts
i dont know much about the delux shafts but i do know they always make flipping bad ash stuff
mip driveshafts were always known for there durability not cheap though

budget wise the axial hd wild boar 2 driveshafts are about the best plastic shaft around and they hold up really good for being plastic and vary customizable i have 1 on a gofast yeti based raptor build and its almost a foot long on 4s power
if you can find them used cheap takeoffs on ebay thats the way to go in my opinion the plastic parts tree is dirt cheap and if your building a custom shaft is well worth the money

Last edited:
I run DLux cut to length on a couple rigs and really like them. Exo sells some pretty similar in design made out of titanium, but they were kind of rough and did not slide freely so I sold them and bought more DLux. I've also seen complaints of pins walking out of those. The Axial Wildboar HDs are pretty durable. With a little work they can be very customizable in length. If you buy takeoffs off ebay, they're usually pretty cheap.

I see some people swear by the Amazon driveshafts, but I've also seen quite a few break. The MIPs are heavy but durable.

I've run the DLux, and now a Hoplex off of Amazon. For the price the Hoplex is hard to beat at their $14 price.

I've run the DLux, and now a Hoplex off of Amazon. For the price the Hoplex is hard to beat at their $14 price.
Are those hardened steel? I see brass in the joint.

What sort of plunge depth do these shafts have?
I’m assuming you wouldn’t want to go beyond 50% extended?
Driveshafts dont really change much in length unless youve got some bad geometry going on with your links or a ridiculous amount of travel.

On the Dlux, the female section is about 20mm. I just checked the rear on one of my trucks with 90mm shocks and the length of the driveshaft only changed by about 4mm from full compression to full droop.

Back