• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Custom short wheelbase Axial SCX10 II Jeep Wrangler build

wwaveform

I've been working on this for exactly one month, between building, painting, and waiting for parts. It started out as an SCX10 II Raw Builders Kit, but using the BoomRacing Kronik 252mm chassis kit (that someone on this forum actually pointed me towards). I have the full build in an imgur album, take a look!

https://imgur.com/a/imlYnoc

Beautiful build! I am going down the same road and had made many of he same decisions. Builders kit, Boom racing kronik kit, Tamiya jeep body (though i prefer a tj if i can find one). We diverge on wheels tires and electronics. I am closely replicating my 1:1 jeep as much as I can. This build write up will be extremely helpful on some of the issues you enciunterd!

Again love the Jeep!

If you don't mind sharing your stl files I might like to use some of your engineering and print some of your mods.

Ice

Just a suggestion, but if you're intending to actually use this thing, cut the side skid front and back and much as possible and mount them in their original position, also get yourself a small battery pack and that will help with weight, but youre gonna want to mount that body way lower along with all your electronics to keep your center of gravity lower.

Just a suggestion, but if you're intending to actually use this thing, cut the side skid front and back and much as possible and mount them in their original position, also get yourself a small battery pack and that will help with weight, but youre gonna want to mount that body way lower along with all your electronics to keep your center of gravity lower.

I was just thinking my new untested 11.3in wheelbase was short and then this one under 10in is making me feel not too concerned!

Back