• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Current 1:1 project 1986 GMC

JDM74

Rock Crawler
Picked this up a little while ago and been tinkering on it since. Just got the interior almost done.

The day I brought it home:
Untitled by JASON MCKIMMEY, on Flickr

New grill, mirrors, and light bezels

Refurbished grill logo

New dash pad, dash speakers, gauge bezel:

Installed with new LED dash lighting

Just got done installing 2" spacers for the back to make the track width the same front to rear.

More to come.

Awesome. I love my square bodies. Having a blast driving my 82 shortbed 4x4 daily that’s a California truck. Where did you get an actual dash pad from if you don’t mind me asking? All I’ve seen lately is just the slip on covers. Keep the pictures coming!

Ben

Noice! Square bodies for the win. Best trucks ever.

Nice bikes as well! Yoshimura exhaust always on sporty bikes!

Is that T100 or T120? Triumph makes beautiful bikes. I drool over the Speed Twin. They're kinda tall for my nonexistent inseam, sadly.

Noice! Square bodies for the win. Best trucks ever.

Nice bikes as well! Yoshimura exhaust always on sporty bikes!

Is that T100 or T120? Triumph makes beautiful bikes. I drool over the Speed Twin. They're kinda tall for my nonexistent inseam, sadly.

Thanks, that is a 2014 Thruxton, so a T100 I believe since the current one is a 1200.

And now to get serious....

now thats what I'm talking about!

I had a 1 ton swapped 84' K5

highly highly recommend looking into getting a 2wd steering box, XJ steering shaft and doing crossover steering asap. makes a huge difference on big tires. I also had a budget hydro assist set-up i found online a pieced together. Iw ill try to find links

Going shackle flip in back? I also loved my HD greasable shackles from ORD.

Currently searching for another K5 but pre 1979 because I love round headlights

Back from the dead:

Axles:
1ef9abc7be268a45d885a2b2a093e217.jpg

225aa1191f737bb42a2b4a44d9d687bd.jpg

Tires/wheels:

f70c213b60def7c096464a75a5ab414f.jpg

Other goodies:

a97b8f416518aa74c086e442f4ba080c.jpg

bb760f081b483d71cbfcfc522e70df5b.jpg

Cucv front bumper:

f19145e0891c43d64c8d16502476e588.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I love squarebodies. Used to have a K5 but sold it after the SxS bug bit me. Got into Jeeps now but a 2wd K5 or SWB C10 would be a fun project.

Update. Front axle is out. One of the front leaf spring bolts had to come out in 3 pieces and I cut the front of that side spring pack off but it's out. Hopefully the 60 will be at least hung tomorrow.

Back