• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cross Military Suspension

sherbs

Quarry Creeper
In the last couple months I purchased a Cross RC GC4 and a HC4. Planning on them being easy terrain trail trucks. I am about 3/4 into the GC4 build and have only looked at the HC4. They are a high scale kit but do lack in a couple areas. Was very surprised that they use friction shocks similar to the G-Made jeep. The leaf springs were really a shocker, the main leaf is spring steel but all the other leafs are plastic. The chassis is done so I checked the travel, 2 of the plastic leafs broke. Solved the issue ordered Cross RC's leaf spring kits and RC4WD 65mm scale shocks. Being the plastic leafs are much thicker than the metal I had to also use RC4WD's axle blocks for the proper height. Anyone else do anything different? I will still have to do a upgrade on the HC4. Anyone have a 6 or 8 wheel Cross with the same friction shocks and plastic leafs?

Last edited:
I just got a hc6 and have finished up assembling it. Leafs and shocks are the same I assume. What I did on the leafs was just mixed in some metal ones that I had laying around. If the plastic leafs still break then my plan is to just make some out of styrene.

I just got a hc6 and have finished up assembling it. Leafs and shocks are the same I assume. What I did on the leafs was just mixed in some metal ones that I had laying around. If the plastic leafs still break then my plan is to just make some out of styrene.

I never thought to cut some springs out, Thanks! Let me know if the HC6 has plastic leaves?

The main leaf in the front is metal and the rest are plastic, in the rear there are 3 metal leafs and the rest are plastic.

The main leaf in the front is metal and the rest are plastic, in the rear there are 3 metal leafs and the rest are plastic.

That is a odd way to do it, I know the plastic ones would be cheaper but only by a few pennies.

I think that its because the pack would be super stiff it they were all metal? Just a guess.

For what it's worth I just with a order from Cross and a pack of plastic leaves. Was only $4.99. Cheap enough to have spares for the bottom 2 I did not substitute.

I broke several plastic leaves on my HC-4 M-35 truck too. I ordered the Cross RC Leaf Springs & Shackles Kit for $13.99 SKU: CZR97400022. They look like a 3-leaf pack of metal springs. I hope they are not too stiff. I dont know how Cross RC calculated shipping but it was $14.99 Priority Mail for 2 packs. WTF !!!

https://www.crossrc.us/shop/leaf-springs/

I broke several plastic leaves on my HC-4 M-35 truck too. I ordered the Cross RC Leaf Springs & Shackles Kit for $13.99 SKU: CZR97400022. They look like a 3-leaf pack of metal springs. I hope they are not too stiff. I dont know how Cross RC calculated shipping but it was $14.99 Priority Mail for 2 packs. WTF !!!

https://www.crossrc.us/shop/leaf-springs/

They are a bit stiff, and your truck will also be lower. I used RC4WD Yota suspension blocks to correct the ride height, same bolt spacing as the Cross.

Back