• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cms bump steer question??

DENNO

Pebble Pounder
I've been reading about bump steer with a cms setup. Has anyone tried building a z link instead of a straight link to try and cure bump steer?

Do some more reading, a z-link won't change bump steer. A drag link is a two force member, so it doesn't matter where you bend it, the forces run from one attachment point to the other in a straight path.

I ran a z-link on my old samurai for years and had no bump steer. Maybe if I get time ill build one just to test it out.

I expect a bendy straw reference any minute now...

Do some more reading, a z-link won't change bump steer. A drag link is a two force member, so it doesn't matter where you bend it, the forces run from one attachment point to the other in a straight path.

its true, best you can do is fiddle with the link length and live with it... everything has a positive and a negative effect.... the positives on a cms is it looks way better and that's why I have one... you wont notice the little bump steer it does have when its all said and done.just drive it and have fun.

its true, best you can do is fiddle with the link length and live with it... everything has a positive and a negative effect.... the positives on a cms is it looks way better and that's why I have one... you wont notice the little bump steer it does have when its all said and done.just drive it and have fun.

As long as you run a track bar that is setup properly you will have no bump steer.

Track bar and drag link angles must match.

They have to be on the same plane, otherwise you'll have bumpsteer even if you bend your link like a curly cue

I've been reading about bump steer with a cms setup. Has anyone tried building a z link instead of a straight link to try and cure bump steer?

You need to get your drag link and track bar parallel to each other, or at least as close as possible. Lowering the servo some or a new servo horn that resembles a drop pitman arm on the full scale 4x4's would help drop the drag link. Raising/lowering the track bar ends would help as well. Whatever it takes to get the drag link and track bar parallel to each other.

Although putting the servo back on the axle would cure it. It might not look "scale" or as clean as the chassis mount, but it works.

Back