• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cleaning/dissolving loctite

odomandr

Quarry Creeper
I recently picked up some wheels secondhand. The previous owner was very liberal with the loctite. Fortunately I was able to get them all disassembled without stripping or ruining the hardware or the wheels. The wheels were easy enough to clean up but the hardware is still covered in the loctite paste. I have tried soaking it in 99% alcohol but it doesn't seem to be breaking it down. I've considered a small sonic cleaner but not sure if that would do the trick. In my research I have failed to find anything that will help this process. Beyond a wire wheel is there anything you have used to knock off the old dried on loctite?

Back