• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Christmas build for my sons

HotRod2507

Rock Stacker
I decided to rebuild my old hybrid wheely king crawler for my sons for Christmas this year...

This is what it used to look like

Now I decided to go a different route..going with a 73 Bronco body gave to me by there grandpa.

As of now here is where its at

Thinking about adding my old honcho cage on the inside

Unfortunately the X-Trail frame snapped in half on me last weekend during the rebuild...waiting on that to get back to do some final relocating on the shocks and electronics. .paint will be the main body being a deep red and the fenders and camper shell being done in truck bedliner (hopefully it holds)..updates will come as I get further done..

Stay tuned

That's great looking so far. I like the idea of the honcho bed inside the body. Makes it look pretty scale. Hope that your kids enjoy this and get some great trail time in with their dad!

Unfortunately I will be sending this to them via mail or UPS.They live with there mom in a different state, but hopefully I can build myself another rig soon and get down there and take the rigs out together...Updates on the rig possibly tomorrow, frame is fixed and ready for paint now just gotta get a few other things done...

Little update on the rig..

Frame fixed and primed up along with some other parts..

Also got one shot of satin black on the frame and additional parts...

Body also got shot with primer to where the black will go..

That's all for now more updates as I get more done. ..

Looks good man , I'm in the process of building my 2 year old a truck with wheely king axles and x trail chassis . I found an extra set of chassis plates on here and doubled them up . Now their about as wide as scx10 rails . And way stronger .

Shot the hood and camper half with satin black last night

If all goes well the frame will be back together tonight..body will be finished soon..just gotta find the right deep red that pops..

More updates......Got the frame back together and body untapped for now..still gotta tape it back up for the red but here it is for now...

This thing is gonna be mean looking after the red

Just a top shot..

Almost done still got a few things left to mount and button up including the body but this thing will look badass when it's done..

Hellbounder be careful with those X-Trail frames they are aluminum and snap easy..might work better if you double them up like you did..I like my WK axles in the frame but I wish I had a Axial trans but the WK trans gets it done...lol..My sons are 11 and 10 they have been wanting mine since I got it a few years ago..I'll eventually build myself another one, one of theses days....maybe...

Some of the final pictures before it was bubble wrapped and stuffed in a box and sent on it's way to my boys..

Can't really see the Honcho cage in the back because of the flash but I made it work

Just a little test run you can see the cage in this one..with a spare tire...

I hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoyed building it for them...hope you guys enjoyed watching it transform as well.."thumbsup"

Back