• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Chassis mount steering

jeeptec

Quarry Creeper
Have Sawback Military (Jeep) I bought a chassis mount steering plate. Has anyone done this mod yet? If so what other parts that I’m going to need that is not in the plate kit. I’ve already put the steering linkage above the knuckle and the drag link is above the spring. That made a nice difference as no bore bashing the tie rod into the rocks first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine on from the start..nothing special to fit. Had the crawlster ackerman kit on at first, at least I'm half certain that's what its called without looking it up again, and had trouble, well a little, setting up the steering linkage to stop bumpsteer. I switched to Gmade ackerman set up with "Last build" thread and no problems. Some servos may be a tight fit tho'.

I 3D print is CMS for this sawback all you have to do is bolt in using the bolts from the body mount and all I did was reroute the steering bar through leaf spring so that it did not hit I didn't have to replace any part other than install the chassis mount
84c19826b2250812c086c532ae2a6636.jpg
46698dac038cea3647dda96445a4f06a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back