• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Castle Sidewinder SW3 for brushed motor any good?

Stray

Quarry Creeper
Hi Team,

I come from the go fast world. Since i got my first mamba max brushless system, i never looked back.

About a year ago i got into crawlers, and i use all sorts of awesome crawler based brushless systems.

about 6 months ago i thought, maybe i should try a brushed system.... and yeah i liked it. i mean i like both, but brushed is also awesome.

I currently have a couple of 1080 esc, which are freaking sweet.

I have set my self a challenge to build a sweet rig as cheap as possible.
Which brings me to my question....

- I have a SW3 from an old slash, how good is this for a brushed motor vs a 1080? i want to pair it with a 35t drift car motor from HPI

thanks for your help

It's fine, just not as nice as the 1080 because of the size and no programming card IMO. I had two in the Wraith and SCX10 a while back but switched to sensored brushless in the Wraith and the 1080 in the SCX10 for the size.

Thanks for the reply,

I have the castle Link so happy to play around at home with that and try get it sweet. I'm putting it into a wraith sized truck so size won't be an issue. Guess I'll just have to give it a try and see how it goes.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Sw3 pros:
Throttle curve

Sw3 cons:
No ramp up on drag brake
Drag brake is either on or off, so driving downhill. Has less control.
Pwm frequency is not adjustable.

I have several sv3's running brushed motors in scalers. Other than the internal bec being undervolted and underamped, they work great on 2s and 3s running anywhere from 27-35 turn motors. I also have one 1080, and it works great as well. I can't say with certainty that one is better than the other, as they are both good.

Back