• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Castle MMX

Exocaged

Rock Crawler
Can't wait for this!!! A Sensored Waterproof 1/8 esc from Castle!!:mrgreen: I will have one as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Castle Creations | Mamba Monster X

Copy and Paste from the Castle website for those who don't like to click links

Meet the Next Monster. First, there was the Monster. Then the Monster 2. Now there’s the Monster X.
As revolutionary as it’s predecessors, the new Monster X Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) takes Castle’s legendary “monster” performance to a whole new level. The waterproof* Monster X is capable of 2S LiPo up to a maximum of 6S LiPo and is the legendary “power up” for 1/8th scale buggies, truggies and on-road vehicles as well as 1/10th scale monster trucks and R/C monstrosities weighing up to 15 lbs.

Extreme Power • Extreme Control • Extreme Fun!
The new Monster X provides even more extreme performance than the Monster 2. Most notable is the addition of a new, programmable Auxiliary Wire that allows users to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings, such as torque control and max throttle. The new Auxiliary Wire allows users to fine-tune the performance of their Monster X ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once the user has programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. The Monster X also features updated Audible Alerts that will notify drivers of possible issues with their calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems in the field.

Sensored Motor Capable
The new Monster X can also be configured to run sensored brushless motors with the purchase of an optional Sensor Harness from Castle Creations. This sensored-motor capability opens up a whole new segment of R/C enthusiasts who will now get to experience (or see the rooster tails) from a Castle Monster X-equipped racer, rock racer or rock crawler. One of our Monster X Beta testers summed up his experience, saying “Another race weekend in the books. Once again, in sensored mode, the ESC (Monster X) performed flawlessly. Great power and smooth transition from sensored to non-sensored.”

Extreme Power
The new Monster X is capable of running from 2S to a maximum of 6S LiPo power, but now features an improved heavy-duty adjustable Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) to provide plenty of power for today’s power hungry servos. The Monster X BEC voltage is adjustable from 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V and 8.0V while output is rated at 4.5 AMP continuous and 8 AMP peak. The Monster X also comes standard with a highly efficient, 30mm ESC cooling fan.

Monster X Data Logging
Also new to the Monster X is the ability to capture and record performance data from your last couple of runs, commonly referred to as data logging. This data can be downloaded via the upcoming Castle Quick Connect Duo (sold separately) that allows the user access to both wires into the single Castle Link connection. The user can then analyze this data and make adjustments to the ESC to maximize both performance and battery life.
Telemetry Ready (Futaba T4PX Transmitters only)
The new Monster X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations S.BUS Telemetry Link when it is released (available late July 2015). Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection, can increase your “tuning awareness” and in turn, let you have more time doing what you love to do – burn rubber and throw dirt!

Can you say superbadass MegaTruck?!?

This is interesting about that plug with just one white wire:

AUX Wire (White Signal Wire)
The Auxiliary or “AUX” wire allows you to adjust a setting “on-the fly” using an auxiliary channel on your receiver. The AUX wire function is programmable via Castle Link.

Wonder if you could turn drag brake on/off with the TX?

guess it really depends on price for me. Is there really a reason to go for that over a MMP for our rigs except the waterproofing?

I feel the MMP is everything you could want for 90% of everyone here, but for some with crazy builds I can see this being awesome. Like say a big MegaTruck build or a wild Summit or a Yeti XL, this would be perfect.

I feel the MMP is everything you could want for 90% of everyone here, but for some with crazy builds I can see this being awesome. Like say a big MegaTruck build or a wild Summit or a Yeti XL, this would be perfect.

Yes a great option for 1/8th scale. The Yeti XL comes with a rebranded Mamba Monster. Maybe we will start to see sensored ESCs in future 1/8th RTRs.

I hope so. I have an RX8 in my Etruggy that will be coming out as soon as I can get one of these. If I were to build a summit this would also be my first choice for esc now.

Spoke to castle. These will be ready in about 2 weeks. The guy I spoke to has been running them in various trucks and said they run cool. Also that single control wire can be used to set things like vehicle speed, brakes and drag brake from the 3rd channel of the TX. I mentioned making a winch controller out of a 10a BEC and he said he has one that has been reprogrammed and is running a motor already like an actual speed control so that could be awesome there. I asked about sensored race motors and he said those are being looked at. WOW!!!

Castle is getting it done!

So glad they made this, I wanna get a YXL and thought my only option was tekin esc (or hobbywing) for a sensored setup but this changes the game. I was wondering when they were goin to make the monster a sensored setup.

Im curious about sensored mode, it says smooth transition between sensored and non sensored, so basically same deal as smart sense on the MMP?

guess it really depends on price for me. Is there really a reason to go for that over a MMP for our rigs except the waterproofing?

6s with a 3300kv 1/10 or 2200kv 1/8 scale motor. Mmp can't handle the current. Rx8 can. Would be a badass setup for those mud runs when you want to skim across the top :mrgreen:

Back