• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Castle Field Link work with AE2?

fortysixandtwo

Quarry Creeper
Since I have a Mac I cannot make use of the Castle Link, I found out about the Castle Field Link. I am looking for the best way to program my AE2 without using a computer and this seems to be it. Does it work with the AE2?

I just wanted to make sure it would work with the AE2 before I order it. Thanks for any input.

yea,i was on to axial about changing my drag break from 50 percent to 100 percent and he said the castle link works with the ae-2

I just looked at the revision history when I updated my CastleLink software to 3.41.1 (newest beta version) and 2 of the things listed were: Added various OEM products, and Update Field Link Car map to include various OEM products

So I'm assuming that could include the AE2 ESC, but not 100% sure? You can check the revision history here

Last edited:
So I bought the Castle Field Link but can't get it to work. It either flashes all lights or the green light comes on but I can't change anything. Guessing I need newer software... which means I am screwed.... I have a mac. :shock:

Maybe another member in your area can help you out with the castle link. Maybe you can ask in your regional forum. I have been using the tx method to make changes to my AE-2. It works but mine always acts funny for awhile after I make a change. Like now when I change batteries I get no throttle response until I adjust the throttle trim on the tx until it just starts to move then I back it off and everything is fine.
I have a mac also so I feel your pain about getting only windows support. My GPS is the same so I keep an old pc sitting around for when I need to load new topo stuff. I'm too cheap to buy third party software or a copy of windows to install on the mac.

Maybe another member in your area can help you out with the castle link. Maybe you can ask in your regional forum. I have been using the tx method to make changes to my AE-2. It works but mine always acts funny for awhile after I make a change. Like now when I change batteries I get no throttle response until I adjust the throttle trim on the tx until it just starts to move then I back it off and everything is fine.
I have a mac also so I feel your pain about getting only windows support. My GPS is the same so I keep an old pc sitting around for when I need to load new topo stuff. I'm too cheap to buy third party software or a copy of windows to install on the mac.

Yeah, I was going to run by the LHS and see if they could give me a hand. I can't justify buying Windows to run on my dual processor because I have so few things I need windows for. I'll give the TX method another try and see what the LHS can do for me. Thanks for the reply.

Back