• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Castle Creations surface products done?

Stray

Quarry Creeper
Hi Guys,

I've seen it mentioned a few times but was unable to find the threads with the info.

I was at a local hobby shop here in Australia, and the bloke reckons that CC will no longer be making surface products.

Can some one shed some light on this subject?

I believe it is to do with a chip that they can no longer access?

I am very keen to get a micro x crawler and 1800kv slate motor combo, but there are none around.

I love the castle stuff ever since I chucked 3s into a touring car with the original mabma max. (YEARS AGO)

anyway I hope the bloke got his wires crossed, and I can buy some more awesome castle gear shortly...

CC was having supplier issues, but have shipping dates now from what I understand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We have no intention of leaving the surface market any time soon, it is by far our largest segment. We had a motor supplier issues and since most of our sales are motor/esc combos, it delayed a lot of shipments. The issues have been resolved and we are shipping motors again.

We have no intention of leaving the surface market any time soon, it is by far our largest segment. We had a motor supplier issues and since most of our sales are motor/esc combos, it delayed a lot of shipments. The issues have been resolved and we are shipping motors again.
Good to hear.

Hi Robert,

Thats really good news to hear.

Can you let us know when we can expect to be able to purchase motors and ESC's from your website?

also, whats the startup on the micro like vs the SW4 for sensorless?

thanks
Travis

Hi Robert,

Thats really good news to hear.

Can you let us know when we can expect to be able to purchase motors and ESC's from your website?

also, whats the startup on the micro like vs the SW4 for sensorless?

thanks
Travis

Sadly, I don't have shipping information or expected arrival dates for incoming motors.

Sensorless the Sidewinder 4 is slightly better, but unless you had both of them in identical vehicles(same chassis, gearing, motor, battery, body, ect) I would think you would be hard pressed to ever notice the difference.

Sadly, I don't have shipping information or expected arrival dates for incoming motors.

Sensorless the Sidewinder 4 is slightly better, but unless you had both of them in identical vehicles(same chassis, gearing, motor, battery, body, ect) I would think you would be hard pressed to ever notice the difference.
Sweet, thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

How about "dithered" mode or an equivalent so my outrunner doesn't screech like a banshee?

I believe John Holmes is working on that [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Castle's newest controllers all dither. But I am working on some quieter options. Just had a great meeting with Castle engineers yesterday about a few new Holmes products. "thumbsup"

Castle's newest controllers all dither. But I am working on some quieter options. Just had a great meeting with Castle engineers yesterday about a few new Holmes products. "thumbsup"
Awesome [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hi Rob,

while we have you, any new surface products in the pipeline.... ;-);-)

We pretty much always have some new surface products in the works, not sure on timelines or how useful the next few will be for the crawling market.

That's good news and seems to be a turn of events. I thought you said in the past that Castle was done supporting Holmes ESCs.

Castle is no longer supporting the BLE controller, which I don't blame them for. Old firmware and hardware that's a pretty big mess to wade through. We are currently working on a firmware update for the BRXL and BR mini, along with other projects.

Castle is no longer supporting the BLE controller, which I don't blame them for. Old firmware and hardware that's a pretty big mess to wade through. We are currently working on a firmware update for the BRXL and BR mini, along with other projects.
Good to hear!

Back