• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Car steers but no throttle

Budget rc

Hi
My axial wraith has been having throttle problems. When it is on the ground there is no throttle when i lift the car off the ground and shake it well the car is at full throttle the car will usualy move i then can put the car back on the ground and drive it normaly. I have checked the receiver by switching the stering and throttle and the steering works, i have also replaced the motor to the same motor that came stock. The entire car is stock as well exept for some non electric parts. Thanks for the help

Check the polarity of the throttle connector to reciever, positive to positive, negative to negative.
Steering always goes to channel 1 (most of cases)

Yea i tried that already and it will sometimes work sometimes wont. Also i have tryed 5 different batteries all fully charged.

Are you using the stock AE-5 ESC with what Axial calls the "Star" connector (Deans clone)? I had similar issues with a friend's Wraith and basically did all the stuff you've done so far. Finally I changed the Axial ESC connector to a proper Deans connector and no problems since.

I also have a used SCX10 ii that came with the AE-5 ESC and "Star" connector. Had issues with it as soon as I got it and tried a test run. Immediately changed to a proper Deans connector and no issues since.

I'm not sure how different the Axial connector is compared to the Deans but for me they sure didn't play well together.

Also, if you are using the TacTic TTX300 transmitter, you need to do the calibration if you've changed any of the electronics. And, maybe not a bad idea just because . . . . . .

It is your motor, most likely a hung up brush or the brushes are too worn!

"My axial wraith has been having throttle problems. When it is on the ground there is no throttle when i lift the car off the ground and shake itwell the car is at full throttle the car will usualy move i then can put the car back on the ground and drive it normaly."

Not a throttle problem it is a power problem, battery too motor. You have NO power, until you shake the car...... this really funny cause reminds me of folks the smack a TV when the picture gets scrambled :lmao:

Back