• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

can you take apart the stock 27t axial motor

scx10crawler

i wanted to take apart my motor because was in some water and it just died and wont get going again like normal so i was going to try and clean it but was not sure if the stock axial 27t motor is made to come apart

yea i kinda figured that. i already ordered a 45t rc4wd brushed motor cuz it was cheap. but i figured if i could get any more life out of the stock one i would.

yea i kinda figured that. i already ordered a 45t rc4wd brushed motor cuz it was cheap. but i figured if i could get any more life out of the stock one i would.

if you've already ordered a new one I would try to take it apart anyways. What is the worst that happens, you break a broken motor? Learn on it!

Oh, I've taken one apart all right. Knock the crimpings on the endbell off and it comes apart fairly easily.

I was curious if the armature would fit into a conventional open-endbell 540 can. This used to be a trick done with the Traxxas "stinger" motors back in the day.

It won't fit. The stupid plastic "cooling fan" or whatever takes up too much space and the commutator doesn't line up with the brush hoods.

Back