• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

burnt out my novak rooster crawler today looking for some input on the novak eiger?

laxjj14

Quarry Creeper
so i set up my 2.2 bully yesterday with all the elecronics in cluding dual rooster cralwer and i ran it for atleast 40 minutes so when i hooked it up today immediately one of the esc's starting burning out. so i called novak and they told me for $55 they could take the old one and replace it with the eiger esc they have so im wondering if anyone uses this esc and if it works for them. ive read some threads on here and seen some have burnt up. i want to get it replaced anyways since its burnt out im just looking to see some feedback on the eiger.

i love my eiger. the first one burnt up after 8 hours of use. then they replaced it for free after i shipped it out. just got it back so idk.....still have to not be lazy and put it in.

if you are on a budget i'd get a tekin fxr. my go to esc is the cc mmp. but im going to give the hh br-xl a try soon. all of the esc's listed are great. novak is a hit and miss. sometimes you'll have good luck and other times not. i havent had good luck with anything novak makes but their brushless motors.

I like cc also I have 2 cc mamba max's but they are big and I figured if I could get some brand new eigers for 55 a piece then I should try them instead of just having a burnt out esc. I may end up getting fxr's or mamba micros. My rooster crawler worked good for me for many years so I'm not sure if I want to trade in the one that still works or just trade in the one that is burnt out and give the eiger a shot.

I ran dual CC Mamba Max ESC's (the older ones with the USB port) in my 2.2 Bully on 35T motors.
One died from old age.
I'm now running dual FX-R's, I have a Fubar Skeeter chassis. Space is a little better with the FX'R's.

They are not a bad ESC, smaller than the CC's. I don't like that you can't copy settings from one & load to the other like CC's can, I screen shoot the settings from one and manually do the 2nd for the Tekins.
Drag brake is not as good, not much control over throttle/brake curves either.
Yes, I have a Castle Link & Tekin HotWire.

I would likely either do dual CC Mamba Micro Pros (have a heat sink for faster motors) or dual CC Sidewinder Micros (real small, no heat sink but what I run in my 2.2 XR-10 with 35T motors).

I have a couple of dead Novak ESC's and was debating on trading in for an Eiger. If I do, I will likely get it & sell it off sticking to CC or Tekin.

Back