• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Brushed to brushless problems

jeepnvinny

Pebble Pounder
The Lowdown:
I just changed out my Holmes BRXL and TorqueMaster Expert brushed motor in by bouncer (White Lightning) for a MMP and Tekin Redline 13.5T sensored brushless motor. I did not change out my other electronics (Hitec HS-7954SH servo, Spekrim DX3E tx and SR3000 rx, and Venom 3s battery). Everything worked great today when I was playing with the Holmes setup, but when I installed the MMP/Tekin setup, it won't move or steer. The servo buzzes like normal but it won't steer. When I turn on the tx, the buzzing changes it sound so I know the rx is receiving the signal, but the rx's lights is also slowly blinking. There is also no throttle/reverse. Sometimes the motor will jolt a little but there is nothing from my tx input. The MMP is blinking green. Also, I get the esc chime for the motor before I turn on the tx (I am used to hearing that chime after I turn on the tx. Am I missing something? The sensor wire is connected and everything seems to be in order. Is a lack of a BEC the problem? I NEED HELP:roll:

Thanks!

Turn on your TX first. Hold down full throttle then turn on esc while holding full throttle. The mmp will blink green. Hold the throttle till it blinks red then give it full reverse. Hold till it blinks yellow then let go of trigger. That should fix your problem.

Turn on your TX first. Hold down full throttle then turn on esc while holding full throttle. The mmp will blink green. Hold the throttle till it blinks red then give it full reverse. Hold till it blinks yellow then let go of trigger. That should fix your problem.

What he said. Also, ya better get a bec pronto! It'll give ya more gremlins if ya don't. Guaranteed.

BEC and recalibrate the ESC and then make sure you turn on the Tx first. Also make sure the MMP is set for the proper LVC.

Back