• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Brownie's XR-10 Viper

DSC00809-1.jpg

remember when i said i thought you gave into buying your wife a dog? i looked back at the pic and it actually looks like a dog, in the upper right corner :lmao:

Bought some tennis balls to cut up today for gates. Going to practice this weekend with gates finally to prepare for my first comp next Sunday. :) Hope the new body panel will last a few days this time.

DSC00856.jpg

Went crawling last Sunday till it started pouring.

I put on some 4" Traxxas big bores with my own shock cap mod, tested with some Associated RC18 rear springs and they feel pretty smooth on the rocks.

Also reversed the servo so the steering link is now shorter and also found some Mini-T springs to try out for next outing. I was able to crawl up my couch last night and that was pretty cool.

Here's some pictures.

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Overslept on Sunday and missed my attempt for first comp. Yesterday went to Monterey and had my XR with me so I was on the rocks for awhile.

The losi pink springs in front appears to be too soft for me so I'll try the red ones next.

Onto pictures of the nice rocks at the beach yesterday. I should be going back there in a few weeks with others for rock crawling again.

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

f4c5de8f.png

6a015343.png

Last edited:
Rig is looking good! You will like the reds more than the pinks, they are too soft.

You mention running a 4" big bore + shock cap mod, what is your eye to eye measurement on that?

Rig is looking good! You will like the reds more than the pinks, they are too soft.

You mention running a 4" big bore + shock cap mod, what is your eye to eye measurement on that?

The shock shaft length is limited internally so full extension spring is not preloaded or loose. The 2 ends of the shock I used very short rod ends so at full extension each shock is exactly 4" eye to eye measured with caliper. Good to know that red spring will work better.

Thanks guys, I also like teal and white and have used this color combination on my other rc cars before.

Nice pictures from today Matt. I had fun and it felt like it has been awhile since we last crawled there. Greystone next week. "thumbsup"

Back