• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bout Time Spektrum... DX4R Pro

Just to clarify what I said above I mean I don't like the look of it specifically the way the antenna fin looks compared to the DX4S. Also I've been waiting for a 4 channel waterproof receiver, maybe it will come soon.

Last edited:
Will it work with older Spektrum/Losi(RTR) receivers?

I like my DX3R and I have a hoard of receivers for it. The M2 in my XR10 does ok, but its shortcomings are well documented and I am looking at going to duel ESCs.

Yep. The transmitter is compatible with all DSM/DSM2 receivers. It's the DSM-R receivers that aren't backwards compatible.

Lest dig up an old thread! I've run the dx3r for a few years now and love the radio, the programming, and its comfortable. In the last year I decided to pick up a 4pl so I could do dual esc on the moa and control rear steer and winch on the class3 rig.

I decided to buy the 4pl over the dx4s because a buddy bought one and asked me to help him figure out how to program it since I'm really familiar with spektrum. He wanted mixing for the rear steer (not my style) and the only way he found to switch the mixing from all 4 steering to crab walk was to reverse the channel programming. Pretty lame but there might be a way that he wasn't seeing! So I tried to convince him to set it up like I did my dx3r Button B for 3pos rear steer and button E for linear so you have a finer tuning of the rear. I also like to set my winch up for my right index finger 3pos and my left thumb 3 pos (this way I can operate it normally with my right hand so my trigger stays steady, but I can control it with my left thumb while I have my right hand on the hook).

Anyway on the dx4s it only allows you to program each channel to 1 button (that channel disappears from the selection on the other buttons) which doesn't work for me.

Question is did spektrum get their act together with the dx4r or does the software suck like the dx3s? I have 17 rigs on spektrum and only 4 on the 4pl and I'd like to go back to spektrum. The 4pl programming is awesome but my new radio looks like its been beat to hell from setting on the rocks and its not very comfortable. My dx3r has been crawling with me for about 6 years and still looks pretty damn good. Also I wish they would spell spectrum right so I don't have to keep fixing the auto correct!lol8)

Maybe that was a little to much!

Can you program a button as 3 pos and another button as linear on the same channel? ch3, ch4 or both?"thumbsup"

Nobody can tell me if the dx4r is capable of programming multiple buttons to the same channel?:shock:

Does this transmitter do everything the Futuba 4pksr does? For $329 ? Worth looking at for sure if that's the case...

Back