• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bomber with Wraith cage?

Hypergarage

I've owned a Wraith before and sold it for some stupid reason that I regret now but now I want another one, but now with the Bomber being out for a while I kind of want to try that instead, but I don't like the look of it as much. I love the trailing arms and transmission but I like the look of the Wraith cage better. Can the Wraith cage bolt right on to the Bomber chassis and work correctly? Or what would I have to do to run a Wraith cage on the Bomber?

As far as i know the cage is the chassis. Then of course the center skid, links/arms and the axles.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You can make it work.
The full wraith interior will never fit with a bomber tranny, but a wraith spawn interior can work some careful trimming.
I'd recommend shortening the wheelbase when using the wraith cage by using either twin hammers trailing arms (1" shorter than Bomber/Yeti trailing arms - I prefer Vanquish Products arms as they'd one piece) or using wraith length links.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Bomber skid will bolt straight into the Wraith so that will all work.
You'll likely need a modified rear shock mount in the chassis to allow the shocks to mount further forward to suit the trailing arms.
Where you may strike problems is if the rear shocks will clear the Wraith lower rails once the shocks are further forward. Might need to home brew something along the lines of the Bender Wrexo

IFS-Wraith-023.jpg

Axial Racing - Project Wrexo – The Ingredients!

Back