• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bomber suspension - sway bar or spring rate change

Nvm I found the solution. Changed the motor timing on the castle sidewinder ESC from LOW to HIGH and wow that really fixed it. It runs so good now.

I guess bc the lower gearing gave it so punch but the high timing took a little bit of the punch away and gave it a little top end back. Now my ESC runs cooler bc of the low gearing while keeping the motor cool. After a solid 30mins of full throttle in the grass my temps were 126 ESC, 115 motor, and 86 battery. Ambient temp was 72.

A high timing basically weakens the magnetic field, allowing for a higher RPM given the same voltage. But the weakening of magnetic field comes at a cost. High timing puts lots of stress/heat to the ESC and motor. If your gearing and drive style remain the same, switching to high timing will definitely produce more heat.

Axial's soft sway bar was the right answer for me. Yes, it's a bit stiff, but that's why it works. There's still more than enough articulation for any crawling I get into, and by forcing the front axle to do most of the twisting, the truck is a lot more stable and predictable in hairy situations. I've experienced absolutely no negatives by adding the Axial sway bar.

That is what I have found - it works well once you get used to it.

Back