• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bomber binding/getting hot

I recently got a RTR RR10 bomber and I'm having issues with binding and motor getting really hot. I have the Axial 20T brushed motor with a Hobbywing 1080 esc, Proline tsl xl tires and proline plastic beadlocks and a Power HD LW25mg servo and I run a 5000MaH 20c 2s lipo battery, and stock gearing. It's pretty slow and runs fine on flat, but when I try crawling stuff it tends to bind up or I have to pull the throttle all the way down to get it to barely move and the motor is getting really hot (I'm assuming from binding) Any suggestions on what I can do to change this?

I recently got a RTR RR10 bomber and I'm having issues with binding and motor getting really hot. I have the Axial 20T brushed motor with a Hobbywing 1080 esc, Proline tsl xl tires and proline plastic beadlocks and a Power HD LW25mg servo and I run a 5000MaH 20c 2s lipo battery, and stock gearing. It's pretty slow and runs fine on flat, but when I try crawling stuff it tends to bind up or I have to pull the throttle all the way down to get it to barely move and the motor is getting really hot (I'm assuming from binding) Any suggestions on what I can do to change this?

start with trying to roll it with the battery disconnected and see how it rolls, with a 20 axial motor is should roll somewhat easily, if it doesnt, disconnect the drive shafts and try again, if it now rolls freely then you have an issue with the motor, trans or possibly spur/pinion mesh.

hook up the drive shafts and remove the motor or just the pinion see how it does...if it still rolls easy, most likely you have a motor that is burned up or in the process of going out..

Now that you mention it. Ever since I got it, it won’t roll more than a half a turn before locking up without the battery in it

Back