• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Body roll

Hi I have been building a Wraith and It torques over to the right a lot when going forward and the other way backward. Hear is the stuff I have put on it MIP drive lines, Vanquish fourlinks, tekin crawler motor 35 turn and tekin speed cont just geared it down 15 / 87 I believe. beadlocks vanquish , hot racing axles. It is quite annoying when trying to turn right my tires are hitting my body because of the roll I put a Bronco body on it and would like to be able to keep the fenders if possible thanks. This is my first crawler but I have asked a lot of questions at my hobby shop but wanted to get your help on this. Also I have pretty soft shocks I can get the brand if that is really important. Thanks:ror:

I preloaded the right side shocks (both front and rear) a bit to deal with torque twist. Not sure if this has a negative impact at higher speeds but for basic tooling around the woods it seemed fine.

Preload the right rear shock a little. A sway bar will help. Under drive gears in the rear with stock or over drive gears in the front will help. I've been working on a 4 seater kit that will be available soon and have been pleasantly surprised at the added benefit of reduced torque twist from that as well.

You can reduce the torque twist by running different gear ratios in the front and rear differentials. If you are doing mostly crawling then you can overdrive the front diff and under drive the rear. If you are mostly going fast then you can overdrive the front and run stock in the rear or stock in front and under drive the rear.

More Info
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/155006-optional-ratio-gear-sets.html

If you are only going to change the ratio in one axle it should be under drive in the rear.

I agree. I just swapped to an under driven rear axle and there was a vaste improvement in torque twist and it's ability to climb.

Back