• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Blackwell Axles

Kingclod27

Quarry Creeper
Hey guys, new to the scale rigs but not to RC..I recently picked up a project that is using Blackwell axles and R2 Heavy Duty tranny...I was wondering how sum of you guys are setting up steering? and also what driveshafts are you guys using? Ive seen the Junfac Carbon Steel shafts and the Punisher Shafts, not sure which one would be better...any help is greatly appreciated guys, thanks in advance for the help...

Here is a sneak peak at the project...

AwesomeKongMonsterTruck15.jpg

AwesomeKongMonsterTruck16.jpg

Last edited:
I just need to figure out a set of driveshafts and how I will do steering...never worked with these axles before

I made a bracket that bolts to the knuckle to change the steering input direction then I added the chassis mounted servo.

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

Thanks sellenk...The chassis has servo mounts built into the frame similar to yours so I can do something similar to that.

AwesomeKongMonsterTruck13.jpg

Last edited:
Im think I found a solution to the steering issue, and I think Im going with the Punisher Steel shafts, I just need to make sum measurements.

I also got a set of XVDs for the axles, Can anyone post a link to reverse the rotation of the axles?

I have the Carbons on my rig, I was not impressed with the "D" shapped shaft , But they slide smooth and so far do not show a lot of wear. The ball and cups are well made and the "C" clip is nice and heavy duty.

Does anyone else have a guide to reverse the blackwell axles? The link that someone posted in this thread doesnt show the pics...thanks guys

Back