• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Black Label Crawlers ~ChopperV2~ XR10

Jeepial

I wanna be Dave
Well after a long break from crawling,I happened to cross paths with Jerry(the DmG).
So needles to say I let myself get bit again while I was checking out all the new stuff Jerry had been working on.Shortly after,I picked up an XR10.Then it was time for the BLC makeover....

I knew I wanted to use as much from the kit as I could,but yet be based on the BLC Chopper chassis.After much tinkering and some mods to the original chopper sideplate design.I was able to use the factory skidplate(lightly modified)and the adjustable shock arms.Here is the end result.
IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

I'm really happy with how the chassis turned out.Everthing just fits.Here you can see just how much from the kit I used to get a roller.
IMAG0011.jpg

Now its time to replace all the unusable plastic and such....I will update specs and pics in this post as things get moving along.I have plans to use some other items from the kit,and will post those up as I get them done.

Wow... that looks really good!
Thanks Harvo,I am really pleased with how the chassis turned out.
Tuning options are endless,which in imo will make it work for anything..8)
Nice work. I don't see to many Choppers getting around these days."thumbsup"
Thanks...There was only about a dozen choppers made to begin with.But none like this one.:mrgreen:

+2 looks like it would do well on the rocks. Can't wait to see more of this."thumbsup"
It should be a very good performer.The original chopper was awesome.
The v2 polished the chopper to showroom Chrome imo..8)

Last edited:
Did some more work on the rig today.

First thing I done was make use of the factory battery mount by trimming off the back edge and cutting down the mounting holes to just one.
blcpics078.jpg

side view

blcpics077.jpg

front view

blcpics076.jpg

Turned out really well and fits like a glove and super solid..I will be running 850mah lipos so there is plenty of room on all sides.

I also worked on the electronics box that came with the kit...I am using the sidewinder micros and noticed they fit inside the factory box rather easy with room to spare for the coming bec.So I dug in and this is what I came up with..

Started with this..

blcpics080.jpg

I modded the bottom half by cutting off the piece located by the factory opening and then drilled two holes in the opposite end large enough for the bullets to pass through.

blcpics079.jpg

After I got that done,i removed the on/off switches and the white wire from each esc and startin stuffin the box....With the first esc..:ror:..Put the first one in upside down.

blcpics081.jpg

Then in with the second esc right side up...

blcpics082.jpg

Still waiting to get a bec,will post the fully furnished box when i get the bec,but I went ahead and slapped the top on to see how it was gonna fit in the chassis.

top view

blcpics083.jpg

I am yet gonna do some nifty soldering to lessen the amount of wires coming out of the box.

bottom view

blcpics084.jpg

Sitting in the chassis..

top view

blcpics085.jpg

front

blcpics086.jpg

rear

blcpics087.jpg

I drilled 4 holes in the bottom to match the four factory holes in the skid to mount it,used some small spacers to shim it how i liked.I am pretty happy with it so far,wanna get the bec in there and see how it all fits..But I think I'm happy enough with it to use it..8)

Last edited:
HAHA, I knew it was just a matter of time... sit back and wait for it "thumbsup"

What do you know, here she is and looking good :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Welcome back buddy!

Heath

What can I say...I missed you guys...:ror:
Thanks for the kind words Heath.It means a lot to me brotatoe,or would that be cowtatoe in your case??8)

YW man. I did a little build thread on my XR. It's pretty crazy the way these things can crawl. Still have my LCC sort of. My son kinda inherited it. Still works great. We've had zero issues with that truck and he beats the snot out of it. You still have your 4PK?? I got the 4PKS when i got my XR and i must say it's one of the best investments ($$) i have made. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Back