• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

best material for crawler

xrocker

hi all. i am new to crawling. i was wondering what would be the best material to make a tuber out of. would it be better to make a scale chassis out of angle stock and screwing it together or soldering a tube chassis together. i am dont have a welder but if i go the why of welding a scale chassis together is there anyone on these threads that could help out?

thanks
xrocker

Most guys braze brakeline together. I dont build tubers or whatnot, but if you look around you can find what your looking for. Don't be surprised if someone rips your head off and tells you to use the search option.

Well, I won’t exactly rip your head off, but I will tell you to use the search function. But only because this is a very "searchable" topic, so to speak. All you have to do is search for tuber or tube chassis, both of which will yield relevant results.

That being said, automotive breakline is by far the most widely used, with brass tubing probably being next.

Back