• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Best brushless setup Scx24

In both of my Gulf's I'm running surpass 2030's with Furitek lizards. The C10 (K10) is a 4500kv and the Jeep is a 6500kv. Both with 12t pinion gears. They both can still slow crawl pretty well. Not as crazy slow as with surpass 2204 1400kv but slow enough plus the wheel speed to jump up over things when needed. The 6500 kv was getting hot when using a lot of full throttle so added a heat sink.
7233c66bc4e8d3206f8a9e2ae9c96143.jpg
b4d42febaa54da8605a3e22d6b8a3157.jpg
92be8ffb9c39528df22aff9145afd068.jpg
9ce8eebad106e36a30b4fc81e4e42bca.jpg
74decc6cba7081aab3d08986b39eeaf6.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

In both of my Gulf's I'm running surpass 2030's with Furitek lizards. The C10 (K10) is a 4500kv and the Jeep is a 6500kv. Both with 12t pinion gears. They both can still slow crawl pretty well. Not as crazy slow as with surpass 2204 1400kv but slow enough plus the wheel speed to jump up over things when needed. The 6500 kv was getting hot when using a lot of full throttle so added a heat sink.

Wow, those look great! What is the motor mount you use for these? Same as the smaller brushless mounts?

I am looking into a new esc/motor combo. Is the tegu my best bet? I am looking into the surpass 2204 1400kv for the slow crawl? Open to other options also. Castle micro stuff any good? figured instead of making a new post I would throw it in here. Thank s

I have used many Castle Creations Sidewinder Micro 2 with the surpass motor. It behaves very well.
Then I saw the Furitek. The slow speed control of the Furitek is nearly magical.
I manned a booth at the Toledo RC swap meet with a number of other SCX24 enthusiasts. We ran a number of builds with the Castle, and my new build with the Furitek.
EVERYONE agrees that the Furitek was the clear winner when it comes to slow speed control.

Oh, Tegu vs Lizard. Tegu is bigger. That alone makes a difference in some builds. Tegu can handle 3s. Some people must have that.
Tegu has a better BEC. Running 4WS? Maybe get the Tegu.

Oh, Tegu vs Lizard. Tegu is bigger. That alone makes a difference in some builds. Tegu can handle 3s. Some people must have that.
Tegu has a better BEC. Running 4WS? Maybe get the Tegu.

Size is no big deal which is why i didnt even mention the lizard. Appreciate the info none the less. Never pictured myself as a crawler guy but this little truck sucked me right in. Certainly into more money worth of upgrades than what the truck is worth lmao.

Are there any alternatives to the hot racing pinions. I cant find them anywhere? Thanks

Still happy with the Surpass 2030? If so, and you were going to buy again, which one would you choose?
I am still very happy with the 2030. As for which one I would recommend, it would be the 6500kv motor. The 4500kv has a lot more wheel speed than the 1400kv surpass but the 6500kv will let you do donuts. Something the 4500kv just comes short in doing. So if you are going for wheel speed but with the ability to slow crawl, then go for the 6500kv.
FYI, I got another 4500kv and have tried it with both a 12t and 15t pinion gear and I would still pick the 6500kv with a 12t pinion.

Last edited:
Are there any alternatives to the hot racing pinions. I cant find them anywhere? Thanks

I have successfully bought HR and other 2mm pinions, then opened them up with a 3mm drill bit from Harbor Freight. Easy to do on a lathe, less easy but doable on a mill or drill press. Otherwise MofoRC sells press on 12t pinion, and Furitek is selling 12 and 15t with grub screw.

I am still very happy with the 2030. As for which one I would recommend, it would be the 6500kv motor. The 4500kv has a lot more wheel speed than the 1400kv surpass but the 6500kv will let you do donuts. Something the 4500kv just comes short in doing. So if you are going for wheel speed but with the ability to slow crawl, then go for the 6500kv.
FYI, I got another 4500kv and have tried it with both a 12t and 15t pinion gear and I would still pick the 6500kv with a 12t pinion.

Appreciate your input. Thank you.

Back