• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

best bomber foams? And shock setup?

Spence

Pebble Pounder
Hi guys, I have a pretty built out bomber. I'm stuck on what foams to get. I bought the proline single stage closed cell foams, and they feel like a mistake. Running the hyrax tires can make it tricky to find the right sized foam I feel.

The truck handles good, but is so bouncy like a pogo stick over bumps its almost undriveable.

For shocks I'm running proline powerstroke xt's with the separate softer springs. I feel I need to run like 5wt oil up front. But at the same time, I'm not sure what setup other people run, all I know it was pretty good with the soft foams and not so good with the single stage proline brick foams I just put on.

Not sure if I can remedy the suspension with the foams I just got or if I should go the other direction and get better foams?

I think the springs are greens maybe yellows, can't see the color, nor the date when I bought them or what I purchased..

Thanks
-Spence

Last edited:
Is it the tires bouncing or the suspension?

I'd probably try a stiffer shock oil, around 30wt. 5wt is very thin for a rig like that imo

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Is it the tires bouncing or the suspension?

I'd probably try a stiffer shock oil, around 30wt. 5wt is very thin for a rig like that imo

I think its the tires, its setup fairly plush in the rear and the front. I'm leaning on getting some 5 weight oil and maybe 10-15 wt for the back. I'm just not sure if it makes more sense to just get rid of these foams and get a set of dual stages.

Its just that it went from flipping over easily cause of the soft foams, to bouncing like a pogo stick over bumps.

Last edited:
Lower viscosity (wt) oil reduces the damping, which increases bouncing, especially with stiffer springs

I'd try a higher viscosity oil (30wt to start) before discarding your closed cell foams, as it's fairly easy (and cheap) to change shock oil. You'll know from that whether you should consider two stage foam.

Lower viscosity (wt) oil reduces the damping, which increases bouncing, especially with stiffer springs

I'd try a higher viscosity oil (30wt to start) before discarding your closed cell foams, as it's fairly easy (and cheap) to change shock oil. You'll know from that whether you should consider two stage foam.

Well, I figured out that it was underdampened and under sprung and too much droop especially in the rear, causing that pogo effect when hitting bumps. Im running proline blue springs up front and greens in the back, pretty soft springs. I might try going down from 40 to 30wt as its almost perfect now.

Back