• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Best bang for the buck micro servos

Tiredmechanic

So I am about to purchase 2 more TRX4s to replace my kids Redcat Gen7s as they are junk and I know the TRX4 well as I have one.

I have long since replaced my micro servos with Traxxas metal gear units but I know there are cheaper options that are as good or better. I plan to replace their servos before 1st use as I know the plastic gears wont last.

What servos are out now that work well for shift and diffs?

I've heard good things about the ecopower micro servos, and I think they're only about $15.

I have a couple of AGFRC micro servos that haven't had very long in service but seem fine so far - I think they're about $20.

For me the key with micro servos is setting the endpoints correctly - what they do isn't stressful on them, but not setting the endpoints will burn them out in a heartbeat.

Power Hobby TR-4 and EcoPower 640T are reasonably affordable (usually $25 and $30 respectively,) and more importantly, direct drop-ins. Never had a single problem with either.

Back