• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Beginner Bomber

I think I'm going to go with the sct pro esc 120A and the 17.5t justock motor. It may be a little too much but I'll hear down the pinion again and regear my diff lower when I replace the locker with a spool since the stock locker seems to be toast.

Should make a nice all around combo. UD F/R will definitely help with control as well as torque twist.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to getting it up and running again. This will be my first electronics and motor upgrade of any kind so a lot of learning will be done.

That's the plan. Should have it all installed in another week or so. Gonna have to upgrade wheels too. The hexes are freely spinning with 35t brushed motors.

Yeah, you're definitely going to want aluminum wheels or plastic with aluminum hubs. I had the same problem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Finally got the hobby wing setup in and I'm enjoying it so far. Great speed and good control at low speeds. At first I thought it was cogging but then I realized that it was just the slipper actually working with a more powerful motor. As soon as I would back off of the throttle a bit the slipper would release and a nice smooth crawl would ensue. Definitely need the programmer for the esc soon to make some tweaks.

So far the bomber has:
Incision links all around
eBay trailing arms ($10 can't complain)
Dlux sway bar which works as well as it looks

Hobby wing 120A pro sct esc
Hobby wing justock 3650 17.5t (2100kv) brushless
Running the stock gearing

Some homemade panels
Though that I'd try and make some since the material was $4. Pretty rough but they'll work temporarily. Great learning experience for making future panels.

Savox servo.

On the way:
Axle tubes
Shocks (dual shock setup in the rear)
Axial universals
eBay Aluminum rims (I like eBay)
Proline flat iron xl tires (soon they will be stuffed will ci foams)

Wish list

Vanquish stage 1 kit
Vanquish servo mount
Aluminum shock mounts
Roof rack
Light bar (front/rear koh style)

Loving the flat iron tires so far. I've only run on a small little rock pile and some gravel but they are all kinds of sticky. Hoping to get a good deal of crawling in today to really test them out. Shocks are decent so far. Springs are much softer than stock so some torque twist came back. Love the ride height and stance that they are giving the bomber.

I bought them black. I'm not sure if they are the xtra speed wheels or not. I purchased them on eBay. They were easy to mount and I'm enjoying the look as well.

Back