• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

bad customer service stories. (non-rc)

everybody knows truckers dont listen to the radio.

also my wife had to tell me what a "lot lizzard" was, i had never heard that term:lmao:

I'm blasting music through my OG Kenwood excelon amp through even older fosgate 10's rather than listening to truckers whine about their current company saying they're going to do such and such to their boss when/if they ever get home etc. Over the cb. Bunch of whining women I swear to cthulhu.

And you didn't know what a bunk monkey, sleeper creeper or commercial company was? At least your wife is somewhat worldly. :flipoff:

I have a 20 year old Kenwood deck in my semi that was absolutely cock sucker deluxe in its day. It's going to suck when it finally dies but so far it has been rock solid.

Yep, my Pioneer in the car I sold when I bought my new one is 19 years old, and still rocking. Always had good luck from Kenwood too, minus their amps. There was a period of time when their amps would shut down as soon as they got the least bit warm. No other brand I used had those issues.

Yep, my Pioneer in the car I sold when I bought my new one is 19 years old, and still rocking. Always had good luck from Kenwood too, minus their amps. There was a period of time when their amps would shut down as soon as they got the least bit warm. No other brand I used had those issues.

The older stuff was a lot simpler with less bs going on so it lasted.

I have a pair of Kenwood excelon amps from the same late 90's era. One "1200" watt 2 channel and an "800" watt 4 channel. The cool thing they have going for them is they have a remote bass boost that is controlled by the deck so there is no knob needed. They've both been rock solid.

There's definitely some truth to that. But my Pioneer from '98 would control my iPod that hadn't even been invented yet, and display the track title on the screen. Pretty freaking incredible to me. My Kenwood amps would have been around 94-95. I replaced them with Fosgate puch amps. Worst head units I've owned was Clarion, and JVC, both were shit. Skipped like crazy in my 4runner when wheeling, and the Clarion would just shut down randomly. Only time the Pioneer skipped was when I bottomed the cross member out hard enough for everyone in the rig to groan. Guess you could say we skipped a bit too. :mrgreen:

Funny reading that...

I had a 4 channel Kenwood amp in the early 90s that did just that. It would cut out randomly. I didn't know it was a brand-wide thing.

However, the Kenwood 10 disc CD changer I had at the same time was built like a frigging tank and you had to hit a pretty good pothole to make it skip. I think it outlasted three cars before it finally croaked.

so i get my 'new' used alpine off ebay, its mint condition and im stoked.

decided after i got it all put together to throw in some three6mafia and be a little obnoxious, and i blow a damn midrange. ;)

i will say that close to 15 years on a 5.25" midrange speaker is a very satisfactory lifespan.

hah... wasnt the driver just the shitty powerpoles i used inside the doors to connect them.

powerpoles suck. damn things got brittle and distenegrated.

Back