• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial wraith

Spider6980

Hey guys,
I'm new to the RC world, but I have a axial wraith & want to upgrade motor to brushless, I have a EZRUN17.5 1900kv, just wanted to know if it will be OK with stock gearbox, spur & pinion? I will be upgrading those soon.
Thanks!

It will work initially, but the stock plastic middle trans gear won't love it......but then they don't often last long on the stock brushed either.

Run it till it fails but start the saving for some steel trans gears & a 32p spur/pinion set.

Robinson Racing trans gears - 1551 Idler Gear and 1552 Bottom Gear. The third gear in the trans is already metal. The two (2) gears will run you around $30 total.

The Wraith may already have 32P trans spur and pinion gears. If the pinion is 12T and the spur gear is 54T or 56T, then you have 32P trans gears.

I ran mine with a similer set up for about a year my set up ran hot and the esc gave up the ghost on a 100° day there wasent enuff torque for.my taste but it was alot better than stock the speed was good and it crawled good it just needed more torque i still have the motor and it still works good but the pc board could use some help
I am running underdrive gears front and rear and that helps alittle and i was still running the stock pinnion and spur

Back