• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial wraith with OBA(traxxas on board audio)

RCgoober

I'm new to this forum, bear with my newb-manor... So, I recently got wind that traxxas came out with their on board audio slash and I instantly began doing my research... I read over the traxxas manuals on-line, but I couldn't find what I need for specs on voltage and compatability... I ordered and on board audio for my brushless wraith that has a dynamite brushless system. I got the OBA and attempted to hook it up and my attempts were futile, and I had found something that the OBA required an 8.4v power input, and I had an external battery. Long story short, it was my radio and receiver. I bought the new traxxas radio and receiver and BAM IT WORKS!!! It sounds great!! And I call it a V8 weedeater, it's loud!! I heard that he OBA requires a specific voltage to operate, and the traxxas slash has the 7cell 8.4 so, I put an 8.4v airsoft battery to keep excess weight to a minimum... It worked, but the speakers were getting really warm almost "don't touch too hot"... As of now I'm running a 7.2v lipo and the speakers are running at a comfortable temp!!! I'll try to get a video and/or pics up if I can figure out how...

I've got a question, how can I reduce body rattle with out sacrificing volume??
first determine what is causing the rattle...

Is it located at the body mount posts...
or is the body rubbing on something else ?

Dan's RC and others make a foam pad that double sticks
to the body's under surface at the post's mounting holes.

These would quiet up sound/vibration emitted from those mounts.

example

Back