• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial + Monster Jam?

more tire options JConcepts Teases New Monster Truck Tire & Wheel « Big Squid RC – News, Reviews, Videos, and More!

jconcepts_renegade_tire.jpg

Some new MT bodies too.

JConcepts Shows Off New Ford Bodies and Firestorm Monster Truck Tires « Big Squid RC – News, Reviews, Videos, and More!

UPS tracking says my SMT10 went out for delivery this morning. The new body (I hope it fits) I ordered came in yesterday. I can't wait to start ripping this thing apart. Admins, can we please get a designated subforum alongside all the other axial vehicles?

FINALLY got mine, here are a couple pics for size comparison to CLod. I think with some Proline Destoyers or other Clod size tires / wheels this truck will be money. It's also pretty slow on 2s, but the kit comes with a 16t pinion, I stuck that in there and a 3s pack and it runs pretty good now. I do see a brushless Castle system in the near future though. 8)

BTW...yes, we need a dedicated section for this new MT!!!!

20160808_190422_zpsoc5oohnu.jpg

20160809_071546-1_zps94ylnvdw.jpg

FINALLY got mine, here are a couple pics for size comparison to CLod. I think with some Proline Destoyers or other Clod size tires / wheels this truck will be money. It's also pretty slow on 2s, but the kit comes with a 16t pinion, I stuck that in there and a 3s pack and it runs pretty good now. I do see a brushless Castle system in the near future though. 8)

BTW...yes, we need a dedicated section for this new MT!!!!

20160808_190422_zpsoc5oohnu.jpg

20160809_071546-1_zps94ylnvdw.jpg

I really wish I could see those pics in the office. I run the Traxxas Lipos and typically stick with 2S. I bought a 3S just for this truck, but the pack looks a little long. It doesn't fit in the battery compartment of my Wheely King, and I'm afraid it's not going to fit in this truck :/

Dear cthulhu no. We need yet another sub forum like I need a raging case of prostate cancer. There is already a monster/mega truck forum that has little traffic it's not like an axial truck will get lost in there.

Last edited:

Awesome and totally agree, needs a set of Proline Clod sized tires and wheels! 3S....maybe 4S? ;-)8)"thumbsup" Love the aftermarket ClodBuster sized tires and wheels!

Last edited:
first round of mods for the Grave Digger. I have a lot more coming in the mail too! Going for a bullet proof build but I'll be running the stock motor/esc for now since I'm tapped out with all the other upgrades. I really want to get the 2.6 Destroyers but Brandon's comment earlier has me second guessing getting them.

Nice, I love the ClodBuster sized tires and wheels! Dont' recall what Brandon said about them lol. "thumbsup"

It is pretty slow on stock 3s. I pulled all the electronics and sold them.

Threw in a spare VXL and she scoots along really good. Definitely handles awesome at speed with the open diffs and super soft suspension.

I have about 10 packs threw mine since Thursday night. It's stupid fun.

Nice! Pics, thread? "thumbsup"

Nice! Pics, thread? "thumbsup"

In the mega / monster truck section..

I have been pounding it and it's really, really, fun..

Im in the process of redoing my basement, so my work area is non functional. Hopefully next week, I will update with updated pics. And maybe I can get my wife to do some video. It really hauls, and handles awesome!

First impressions of the truck are so so. I haven't driven it yet, and probably won't for a while. I'm disappointed in the roll cage to be honest. The way it's setup, it's going to be really tricky to get a pickup truck body on it. If you cut the bed out of the body to accommodate the roll cage, you have no where to put the body posts.

Looking at the truck, it seems pretty symmetrical front to back. I might flip the tranny and swap the axles, putting the battery up front. I looks like that'd make putting a pickup body on much easier, but it looks like the roll cage will make contact with the steering servo under full compression. It's going to need some tinkering.

The tranny is flipped in this truck for a reason. I messed with mine yesterday, not too bad to mount a pickup body on it really , move some body mount posts (like touring car ones) to the rear of the chassis, possibly mounting them in the alternate shock mount holes back there. Like anything, it's doable. A buddy of mine is putting a Proline Ford Bronco on his, fits perfectly.

I hear rumors of a Max-D coming out? Anyone heard anything? I'm thinking that might be easier to mount a different body on, assuming that they would use a different cage setup than the GD.

The tranny is flipped in this truck for a reason. I messed with mine yesterday, not too bad to mount a pickup body on it really , move some body mount posts (like touring car ones) to the rear of the chassis, possibly mounting them in the alternate shock mount holes back there. Like anything, it's doable. A buddy of mine is putting a Proline Ford Bronco on his, fits perfectly.

Can you elaborate on the tranny flip? I'll be turning some screws on mine tonight for the first time.

I imagine a Bronco body would work great as it has a huge cavity in back like the digger shell.

I hear rumors of a Max-D coming out? Anyone heard anything? I'm thinking that might be easier to mount a different body on, assuming that they would use a different cage setup than the GD.
The owner of my LHS said others are coming out, but he didn't specify which ones.

Can you elaborate on the tranny flip? I'll be turning some screws on mine tonight for the first time.

I imagine a Bronco body would work great as it has a huge cavity in back like the digger shell.

They flipped it around to combat against torque twist. It works pretty good too. I like how the truck drives, even if it is a little slow right now.

Last edited:
They flipped it around to combat against torque twist. It works pretty good too. I like how the truck drives, even if it is a little slow right now.

So did you actually flip yours? I'm actually contemplating setting mine up so the battery and its' extra weight are up front. It might help kick the rear end out when on the throttle in a turn, and it should help when jumping. That's what Tom Meents says at least.

Last edited:
I know a bunch of you guys have these now. Where are the action vids?

I know a bunch of you guys have these now. Where are the action vids?

There are a few videos on youtube, not many though (surprisingly). I'm tearing my truck down this weekend to dye the chassis and throw a new lid on it, and my brushless system should be here by next Monday. I'm hoping to have a video up by the end of next week.

In the mega / monster truck section..

I have been pounding it and it's really, really, fun..

Im in the process of redoing my basement, so my work area is non functional. Hopefully next week, I will update with updated pics. And maybe I can get my wife to do some video. It really hauls, and handles awesome!

Thanks, found it! http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/mega-monster-trucks/568818-tedos-smt10.html

Thanks, eh I like Clod sized tires, little trimming and they should be fine. ;-)8)

First impressions of the truck are so so. I haven't driven it yet, and probably won't for a while. I'm disappointed in the roll cage to be honest. The way it's setup, it's going to be really tricky to get a pickup truck body on it. If you cut the bed out of the body to accommodate the roll cage, you have no where to put the body posts.

Looking at the truck, it seems pretty symmetrical front to back. I might flip the tranny and swap the axles, putting the battery up front. I looks like that'd make putting a pickup body on much easier, but it looks like the roll cage will make contact with the steering servo under full compression. It's going to need some tinkering.

Or cut up the body and screw it to the cage like a Wraith or Bomber panel setup.

Good to know about tranny orientation to combat torque twist. Good set of soft swaybars front and rear would help too."thumbsup"

Back