• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial bomber or trail truck

Between the axial bomber and a true scaling rig like an scx-10 or rc4wd gelande 2 (trail truck) which is better for all around bashing, crawling and all around driving. Idk what to buy. Help needed

Not on the list, but I love the Yeti for all around use. It is a great basher, good driver in rough terrain, and not a terrible crawler (especially with a 2 speed kit). I have the Bomber too, but if I had only one I would choose the Yeti again.

The bomber is what you are looking for. But, my G2 is likely my favorite rig (probably because of endless hours of work:cry:, but worth it). Bomber will get you what your after, they are fun little rigs.

+1 w/Josh

Love the scale of my scx10 and crawling with it on rocks. For trail work and fast fun, Bomber/wraith. The scx is just a funny little thing that looks bouncy on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can the yeti perform similar to the bomber on the rocks?

The Yeti sits lower than the Bomber, has a swaybar, doesn't have a locked front diff, and has independent front suspension. The Vanguard brushless system cogs a bit when crawling with the stock 16t pinion. No, performance is not similar to the more specialized Bomber, but I can still have fun on the rockpile and it performs better everywhere else. If you removed a swaybar endlink, changed the rear springs to increase ride height, locked the front diff, and swapped in a 10-12t pinion I think performance would be very close to the bomber. Total cost to retrofit would be under $30 and reversible.

I considered building a second Yeti as a strict crawler, but I didn't want two of the same trucks.

Last edited:
Can the yeti perform similar to the bomber on the rocks?

Seriously, the Yeti is a pig. It is not for the rocks, more for the mud. You want rocks, get yourself a rig with a solid front axle. Bomber/Wraith/Ascender.

I don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, but I'd go with the Bomber. ;)

Seriously, I have a Bomber and an SCX10. Both are great. The Bomber does alot of things well. It can crawl and bash around. The SCX10 isn't really what I'd call a basher. The SCX10 crawls and the Bomber can do that better.

I drove a Yeti the other day and I'm so glad I didn't buy one. It is fun, but it doesn't crawl worth a crap. Put a brushless setup in the Bomber and you'd have as much fun bashing it as you would a Yeti.

^ haven't owned a yeti but for 35 years I've had independent suspension RC cars. Ever since I got my 1st shafty with axles.... No looking back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HATED my Yeti. It did nothing well. Couldn't crawl for shit and wasn't as good a basher as a dedicated platform.

The Bomber, however, is badass.

Back