• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ascender Shock Options

LSXGMC

RCC Addict
Hi All

I have been trying to research options for the Ascender as far as shocks go, been tough to find much valuable information so I am hoping to start a thread that is a little more recent and hopefully have some better discussion.

From what I can tell, the Vaterra aluminum shocks made for the Ascender seem to be the best option, if you can afford them.

Here are the main shock options:

1. Vaterra Aluminum Shocks for Ascender
2. Gmade XD (either of the three models)
3. Gmade Team Zero (w/ soft springs
4. Proline Powerstroke (with length modification)
5. Traxxas Big Bore
6. Losi Crawler
7. RC4WD King 110mm / RC4WD 110mm Scalers
8. Gmade Transitions

I realize the stock plastic shocks serve a purpose, but this thread is aimed more towards people wanting to add some bling and/or functionality. I for one do not want to modify the pistons in my shocks, I'd rather buy something that's build to perform as is. Plus on mine, the collar separating the springs keeps getting hung up on the shock body threads, which sounds dumb and probably affects the smoothness of the shock.

Please comment on any experiences, good or bad, add any options that are missed here, etc!

Haven't not had any problems with my stock plastic shocks, but the pistons still need modded, they are way over-damped as is. I'll go with the Vaterra aluminum shocks, guy I know has them and they are super smooth and the machining looks top notch.

I have Proline Scalers on my SCX and they are nice, but leaked like crazy from the get go, emailed Proline (had to call them a week later due to no response) and they sent me two rebuild kits, which I have not rebuilt them yet.

I've had Traxxas BigBores before (but don't have any now) they are smooth and leak free, but are not very scale looking and use preload adjuster clips instead of nice threaded adjusters.

I have Losi shocks on my Wraith ( they are same as the Crawler shocks but from older racing buggy and are about 3.5" eye to eye) great smooth shocks, no leaking, threaded adjusters, but they are not very scale due to larger diameter.

Haven't used G-Made or RC4WD shocks.

Back