• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ascender in Honduras

The most important thing is you tried. Next time hopefully a finish. Then a win one day.

some pics of the comp....and carnage:mrgreen:

Attachments

• thumbnail1.jpg
    thumbnail1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 189
  • thumbnail3.jpg
    thumbnail3.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 197
  • thumbnail4.jpg
    thumbnail4.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 196
  • fot.jpg
    fot.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 189
Well since the last post i upgraded to the heavy duty shafts, then the tranny blew up, upgraded to all metal gears, i also put the overdrive gears upfront..all i can say is :shock:, these definetly make a diference, turns better and helps a lot while pulling up the car. pics soon8).....oh eyah edit..any ideas on bent links for the ascender? i have some aluminum blanks but i am not sure how much of a bend and where exactly to bend and not ruin the link, so if you have any build suggestions these are welcomed or someone who sells for the ascender.

Last edited:
Well since the last post i upgraded to the heavy duty shafts, then the tranny blew up, upgraded to all metal gears, i also put the overdrive gears upfront..all i can say is :shock:, these definetly make a diference, turns better and helps a lot while pulling up the car. pics soon8).....oh eyah edit..any ideas on bent links for the ascender? i have some aluminum blanks but i am not sure how much of a bend and where exactly to bend and not ruin the link, so if you have any build suggestions these are welcomed or someone who sells for the ascender.

Wait a second, hold the phone! There are overdrive gears for the Ascender?

Nice to see the Ascender update. The section has been quiet as of late. Sorry have no experience with bending high clearance links.

Wait a second, hold the phone! There are overdrive gears for the Ascender?

Nice to see the Ascender update. The section has been quiet as of late. Sorry have no experience with bending high clearance links.

hahaha yup, the od have been out for some months now, i hear you on the quieting of things around here, i am also guilty of leaving the forum for months spans at time, it seems others have left for fb, twatter or whatever new media is out there. For my part i'll try to check in more often, i love this forum, ever since 2006 when dezfan introduced me to it i fell in love whith my rc all over again.

hahaha yup, the od have been out for some months now, i hear you on the quieting of things around here, i am also guilty of leaving the forum for months spans at time, it seems others have left for fb, twatter or whatever new media is out there. For my part i'll try to check in more often, i love this forum, ever since 2006 when dezfan introduced me to it i fell in love whith my rc all over again.

Who is making the overdrive gears?

Well my Ascender was out of commision for almost 2 months waiting on axle shafts...the stock units are really awesome, these took the abuse for over 3 years at least before they gave up. 8) Truck is up an running again.

Back