• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Anyone else getting a Clod Buster?

Oh well, I just bought myself a star. Some pictures I took during my build progress:

Attachments

• Diff locking grease.jpg
    Diff locking grease.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 20210105_173949.jpg
    20210105_173949.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 20210105_174530.jpg
    20210105_174530.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 20210103_060448.jpg
    20210103_060448.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 20210103_060257.jpg
    20210103_060257.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Diff Shaft O ring.jpg
    Diff Shaft O ring.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Modified drive axles.jpg
    Modified drive axles.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 6mm ball joints.jpg
    6mm ball joints.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Nice write up"thumbsup", i started building a clod with spares i have left from my other 4 clod super crawlers , i still have some more spares left i only need axle shafts and tubes and i would have another complete set of clod axles to build around. Anyways i love these clod builds.8)

P.s. i just noticed i reached my post #5000....

i just finnished catching up on this thread first that diff grease wont do anything to lock or even slow the diff action and that oring will just cause stress on your motors and esc because of the way the clod gears are mad3 you dont have alot of options open or closed thats about it jb weld dose a great job of locking the diffs
your not gona get much more steering out of stock clod parts if you want to run cvs you also need the matching knuckle and axle toobs to go with them
the tire absolutly need.to be glued those motors put down alot of torque and the rims will slip inside the tire they must be glued

i dont know what you want out of.this truck but some other mods i would.recemend would be locking out the rear steer or have rear steer on a different channel the rear steer make this rig squarely at any kinda speed and being a moa set up a dig set up would.be more usefull the wheel base is to short for any kind of crawling and the link set up just sucks i ended up using wraith upper links and 4 linked mine and exstend3d the wheelbase by 2 inches it drives so much better and since the axles dont interfere with the chassie anymore i was able to lower it about a inch with out hitting the chassie it wont ever keep up with the new stuff but there alot of fun
i have one set up as a go fast its fun as hay on the track too but the only thing left on it that is og clod are the axles the rest of it is aftermarket

I intend to keep it stock and original as it was designed. I like to use my own hardware if I already them (hex screws, steel ball studs, stronger rod ends, etc ...). Any modifications made are aimed to slightly improve the performance and durability. Otherwise mine will look and drive the same as a complete stock, old school Clod.

I got to test drive it today. The HH motors have plenty torque for wheelies, and don't even feel warm after 15 minutes (it was 55 deg outside). So far everything works good. I will post up more pictures of the build later.

Last edited:
I am going to get some more M3 nylon lock nuts and hex screws in case I need to crack open the Clod's gearboxes in the future. I used the kit's plain nuts during the build and having to put thread lock on each and every one of those nuts was too tedious for me (even though not required in kit build instruction). So there will be no more of those once I get my new screws and nuts.

Attachments

• Fully assembled.jpg
    Fully assembled.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Chassis hole cut out.jpg
    Chassis hole cut out.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Electronics installation.jpg
    Electronics installation.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Kit ESC.jpg
    Kit ESC.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Complete axle (rear).jpg
    Complete axle (rear).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Modified steering knuckles.jpg
    Modified steering knuckles.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
First time driving the Clod on some light snow.

Attachments

• 20210214_112958.jpg
    20210214_112958.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 170
I was looking for a No. 2 Phillips screw driver and ended up getting this Craftsman from Lowe's. It fits the Tamiya screws pretty well, although I've read that JIS screw driver is the proper tool for them. The rubber handle grip feels good and its red/black colors match the Clod's too. What screw driver do you guys use?

Attachments

• 20210323_195718.jpg
    20210323_195718.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Back