• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Airbrush?

02hawk

Rock Stacker
I got a 80 chevy body for christmas and i was going to get a harbor freight airbrush but they are out of stock.

So whats a good air brush for under $80? Also what do you run for filters since i'll be running it off my dads big air compressor.

I got faskolor paint for it, does it need thinning?

You can go to hobby lobby and buy an Iwata NEO abrush for $60, plud if you go to their website you can print off the 40% coupon to save more. I dont run a filter on mine at this time. The fastkolor paint doesnt need thinning.

i would recomend a pasache atleast,double action. but a decent iwata will run you a nice piece of change. you might wanna think of in the long run,will u be painting or be using a airbrush in the future,might wanna get something that will last.
i myself paint on the side,everything from harley tanks,classic cars to r/c bodies to model cars. i have a few spray guns as well as a airbrush gun. when airbrushing depending on the paint you using alot of times you wanna do a test panel before painting,also certain paints do require reducing for airbrush its usually 1:1. sometimes u can find ready to shoot paint. if u need any help feel free to let me know i can help u out. heres a few of my small projects i painted using a airbrush gun.
4123107291_00b746f30f_b.jpg

4123838830_ffa043f471_b.jpg

my r/c body for a r/c i was workin on, this is painted from the inside using r/c paint,except for the roof wich has a metal flake top tha sparkles in the sun.
and a model car,using house of kolor automotive paints and clear.
4750686560_2d947e3c93_z.jpg

any questions let me know if u need any help 8)

Thanks guys. I pretty much already did my homework on the actual painting.

As for how much im painting i have a E-Maxx, Revo 3.3, Slash 4x4 SCX-10, my sisters have a stampede and a Circuit. And i have bodies needing to be painted for the SCX-10, slash, 'pede, and circuit. So....

Back