• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Advice on clocking an SCX24 front axle with Gladiator rear links

NutjobGTO

So, the only dumb question is the one left unasked.

I'm an incorrigible tinkerer when I'm not trucking. I've already torn down my first SCX, the Gladiator, filled it with brass and oversize tires, replaced the motor with a MoFo BAM 4100 and did the surgery to get it to fit, relocated the new FlySky receiver to the underside of the front body mount, hacked up a sidepanel on the frame to attach the Lizard...

Now I want to do a new build, since I have Dad's old homebrew vacformer working again. Planning on something like the '70s White Western Star 4964 from Snowrunner, so once again I've spent about 4x the base price of another SCX (C10, it'll inherit all the upgrades from the Glad) over at MoFo to get ten tires, duals, the race-geared 4100 BAM, Bombproof trans, overdriven worms (I'll have to fab one into a pass-through), so on and so forth.

However what I'm looking for now is to stretch the wheelbase out. I'm planning on using Injora's aluminium rear links and propshaft for the rear of a gladiator to push the steer axle further forward.

However I've noticed that the difference in link length on the four-link fronts is about 11 mm, but the difference on the Gladiator rear links is only 6mm.

That would roll the steer axle forward a fair bit, I think.

So before I start beating my head against a wall, I thought I'd ask here first, where people have already done crazy things.

Has anyone already done this and solved this problem? Any advice on how you fixed it?

... A'doy. The answer staring me right in the face. Thank you.

Injora makes a set of stainless links with plastic ends, perhaps I can look into that first.

Back