• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ackerman steering help

laxjj14

Quarry Creeper
I need help setting up ackerman steering with my clod axles ive looked at a bunch of pictures but i cant figure out how to make it work. Pictures of it would be very helpful

if you want true Ackerman steering on the clod, you need to run a BTA steering rod. this (usually) requires the steering knuckles to be flipped or swapped.
for proper ackerman geometry draw an imaginary line through the knuckle pivot and the tie rod joint center's. proper ackerman would have the imaginary lines from each side meeting at the rear axle. if they meet in front of the front axle, you have an issue ;)
if this is off base, i apologize, i'm at the hospital and its been a long day ;)

Back